Job ad Ghana : IT Officer – Accra
Job Title: IT OFFICER
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa.SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy techniques give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve their quality oflife.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Function and Related Performance Criteria
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
As an IT Officer, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your profession.
Your core responsibilities will be to support SGMC ICT team and any outsourced ICT vendors with necessary steps to maintain the day to day operation, management, development, security, reliability and smooth running of the Company’s ICT network. You will also provide the day-to-day support for the maintenance, management and development of the Company’s ICT Environment for staff. You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as an IT Officer while you deliver on the following broad job requirements, the details of which will be provided to you in your job description:
Manage the Company’s ICT Helpdesk, where you will:
- Provide Helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction: diagnosing hardware faults and solving technical and application problems
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and solve hardware and software faults
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the ICT Helpdesk; Assign requests to a Helpdesk queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Report ICT related issues for escalation
Support the ICT team and relevant vendors in the development of the company’s information database, information systems and ICT related issues at the office:
- Modify Configurations, utilities, software default settings etc for local workstations
- Use and maintain helpdesk tracking
- Document internal ICT procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory, with appropriate access permissions
- Perform timely workstation hardware and Software updates and upgrades as required
- Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions and user access levels and privileges
- Maintain data standards, including the adherences to the Data Protection Law and Regulations;
- Assist in testing and evaluating of new technology
- Assist with setting up new user’s accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Assist in conducting health checks on the server and carrying out backup on server
- To willingly accept appropriate assignments as directed by your line manager.