Job ad Ghana : Information – Education & Communication Assistant
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
- Manage and coordinate IEC activities in the assigned sub-district to increase acceptance of IRS
- Spearhead the mobilization of ALL communities in the sub-district to ensure households are prepared for spraying and beneficiaries fully support IRS.
- Coordinate closely daily IEC and mobilization activities with the Site Manager of assigned sub-district/ operations site and District Operations Coordinator (DOC)
- Liaise with community leadership, GHS officials, District Assembly staff and communication agencies for assistance with community mobilization and IRS sensitization efforts
- Lead implementation of communication strategies and community-based outreach programs in ALL communities in the assigned sub-district BEFORE the spray campaign.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of IEC Mobilizers in the sub-district during the implementation of IRS.
- Facilitate trainings for IEC Mobilizers.
- Provide weekly reports on completed activities to the DOC and IEC Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC and IEC Manager.
- Minimum of a Diploma in community development studies, communication or relevant field with at least two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Additional training in participatory approaches and community mobilization is preferable.
- VERY GOOD knowledge and understanding of the geographical layout (especially of the chosen sub-district) is key to this position.
- Previous experience working with communities and their leadership, sensitizing and mobilizing communities is essential to this role.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in English and one or more of northern Ghanaian languages (Mampruli, Dagbani, Moar, Basare and Likpakpaln dialects) is required.
- Previous work on IRS activities will be an advantage.
- Being a native/ resident in any of the sub-districts will be an advantage.
- MUST be able to ride a motorcycle and MUST HAVE a valid motorcycle driver’s license.
Job criteria for job ad : Information – Education & Communication Assistant
|Job category :|
Secretarial work, assistantship
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|