Job ad Ghana : History Teacher
Are you a well-trained, experienced and dynamic history teacher who wants to challenge the way young people see and experience the world? If so, you may be an excellent fit for our open position as a history teacher. Our school offers an intellectually stimulating, creative and inclusive environment designed to give teachers the freedom they need to innovate and prepare students for today’s modern challenges. As a valued faculty member of our history department, you will have a direct impact on each student in your classes.
Reporting to: Head of School
- Plan and deliver lessons on the history of the United States and world to students, utilizing creative and engaging techniques
- Prepare academic materials, including homework assignments, syllabi and instructional handouts; report to the head of department monthly regarding the effectiveness of concepts
- Facilitate classroom discussions and encourage the participation of all students, incorporating relevant reading and current events
- Grade papers, tests and homework, monitoring progress and adapting lesson plans to meet students’ needs
- Assess individual strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of each student, addressing issues as needed
- maintain working knowledge of state-st standardized tests and prepare students to take and pass each, instilling confidence in their capability to demonstrate knowledge gained during the school year
- Uphold clearly communicated rules and behaviour expectations for a disciplined and inclusive classroom setting
- Communicate with parents when necessary regarding noteworthy achievements, academic challenges, special considerations or concerns you feed their child needs to succeed.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Minimum of a first degree level qualification in history
- State-issued certification or teaching license
- An extensive knowledge of historical events and their causes, as well as their effect on today’s culture
- Evidence of Master’s Degree
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Willingness and desire to undertake further professional development and training
- Evidence of experience in planning and teaching Secondary Curriculum (IGCSE)
- Having and extensive knowledge and well informed understanding in History
- Evidence of a range of teaching styles able to cater for pupils differing learning styles and needs
- Teaching and behavior management strategies
- Experience in teaching with excellent classroom practice and outcomes.
- Evidence of holding positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behavior in a professional role
- Genuine commitment to high quality teaching.
- A willingness to participate actively in the life and work of the school to support the ethos and culture, providing presence as and when required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships for a successful classroom behavior management
- Effective time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines and work under sustained pressure
- Ability to model to talk through actions and decisions in order to benefit the learners’ understanding
- Unswerving commitment to implementing whole school/staff policies relating to the safeguarding of children
- A good sense of humor.
- Effective ICT skills
- Proven track record of successful teamwork.
Job criteria for job ad : History Teacher
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|