Job ad Ghana : Headteacher – Tema
African Science Academy (ASA) was founded on the core belief that science and technology will drive Africa’s reinvention. We believe that women and girls should be at the forefront of this reinvention and will lead Africa’s STEM future. The school is the brainchild of Educational Philanthropist and Technology Entrepreneur, Tom Ilube CBE – Chair of the African Gifted Foundation and Founder of the African Science Academy. By joining the ASA team, you will have the chance to play a key role in driving this vision forward and helping gifted young African women achieve their potential.
We are seeking a highly-qualified visionary Headteacher to lead Africa’s leading STEM-focused academy for girls.
We are seeking a highly qualified Head who is passionate about STEM education for girls and is seeking an exciting challenge to lead our innovative school through this period of uncertainty and help shape its future. Please note, we also welcome applications from candidates with experience as a Deputy Heads or as Heads of Department (in Maths or Science)
The following skills and experience are essential:
- Proven leadership and strategic skills, with the capacity to motivate and inspire both staff and pupils;
- Knowledge and experience of the special opportunities and challenges of international education;
- An innovative educationalist who recognises the central importance of teaching and learning;
- Effective manager with enthusiasm for building teams and developing excellent teachers;
- Ability to communicate, be inclusive and reach out to the wider community of Accra;
- Culturally sensitive and capable of forging the right relationship with the Trustees;
- Experience in the secondary school sector, boarding experience an advantage
- Knowledge of new technology and its use in the classroom; and proven business and financial acumen.
Job criteria for job ad : Headteacher
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|