Job ad Ghana : Head of Technical – Accra
To provide strategic, operational and functional leadership to the staff of the Technical Department which oversees Underwriting, Claims, Reinsurance and Actuarial services of the Company.
- Provide technical input for the development and implementation of the corporate strategy.
- Supervise underwriting of all classes of insurance undertaken in the Company.
- Ensure the achievement facultative reinsurance production.
- Ensure that the Company’s risk exposure to insurance losses are assessed and managed appropriately.
- Develop, nurture and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders locally and internationally to facilitate the technical Operations of the Company.
- Maintain regular contacts with the Company’s customers to ensure their satisfaction and business growth.
- Provide inputs and leadership in the preparation of the department’s annual plans, programmes and related budgets for approval by Management.
- Submit relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports on the department’s performance to Management.
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all relevant legislation, regulations and stays abreast with best practices in the insurance industry locally and internationally.
- Agree performance objectives and standards with staff, coach staff, appraise their performance and take corrective action where necessary
The Ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker with excellent understanding of the Insurance Industry and must :
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the Insurance Industry with at least five (5) years in a Managerial position.
- Be proficient in the use of insurance software and tools.
- Professional qualifications in Insurance and must be a member of a recognized professional body.
- Not be more than 45 years of age.
Job criteria for job ad : Head of Technical
|Job category :|
Banking, insurance, finance
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|