Job ad Ghana : Head of Category for Phones, Computing and TVs – Accra
Our client is a top tech company in Africa looking to hire vibrant talent in the commercial team. As Key Account Manager, you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of our largest Brand accounts. Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including sellers and brands.
Reports: Chief Commercial Officer
- Planning: Develop and manage subcategories. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Product Development: Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation. Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure the best quality and costs.
- Business Management: Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by growing assortment; managing brands end to end; ensuring price competitiveness vs competition at all times; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Supply Chain Management: Partner with the services team to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Communications: Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Have the ability to prioritize key accounts
- Process Improvement Management
- Good understanding of P&L, and Cash-Flow Management
- Skilled negotiation & Value-based selling
- Experience negotiating bulk discounts, MOQs & Credit Terms
- Experience building partnership with strategic OEMs.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive • Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power -point) tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success
- Company and customer expertise
- Strategic perspective
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
- Minimum of 3-8 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Experience managing key accounts, channels in retail, consumer goods, consumer electronics environment (national & international)
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- Commercial planning
- Vendor Success
Job criteria for job ad : Head of Category for Phones, Computing and TVs
|Job category :|
IT, software engineering, Internet
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western – International
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|