Job ad Ghana : Geologist – Exploration – Takwa
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Geologist – Exploration for a period of six (6) months
- To assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licences including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
- Assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licences, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
- Perform scouting of exploration activities on the lease Collect and evaluate regional geological, geochemical and geophysical data and information
- Assist in analytical compilation and assessment of regional exploration data and results Maintain high quality data collection, management and storage.
- Assist in the interpretation of geophysical and geochemical data and its resulting target generating exercise.
- Geological mapping and sampling of anomalies develop and rank Au targets for follow-up testing, drilling supervision and logging Monthly Reporting on Exploration progress and interpretation of results and data for Regional targets
- Collate all weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly exploration costs against budget, produce technical reports on regional exploration activities over these periods and prepare regional exploration monthly accruals.
- Ensure all geological duties on regional exploration assets and / or projects are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide training and supervision to Field Technicians
- BSc in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geophysics Geosciences or Earth Science from a recognised institution operation and sampling
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in mining exploration industry with drill rig
- Experience in mapping, sedimentological core logging, exploration RC & D drilling and sampling
- Computer literate and the ability to use mining and exploration software to analyse numerical and graphical data
- GIS application in mineral exploration and knowledgeable in both sedimentary and hydrothermal deposits systematically and not under pressure with quality of work as a priority Ability to work Abie to identify risk analyse and solve problems and good communication skills
- Be able to embrace new techniques and technologies, and be interested in keeping up to date on industry requirements and advancements
- Have a good work ethic and be goal oriented
- Medical Fitness for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Closing Date: 05 October, 2020
Job criteria for job ad : Geologist – Exploration
|Job category :|
Production, maintenance, quality
Industry, production, manufacturing and other
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|