Job ad Ghana : General Manager for a Construction and Hospitality Company – Accra
RONNABOA INVESTMENTS run serval companies in several sectors including distribution and retail, construction, real estate, and hospitality. The construction and hospitality unit builds both commercial and residential properties, runs hospitality vacation homes for short stays, runs public toilet facilities for the general public, and also builds, manages and rents commercial shops to the general public.
We are seeking to fill the above vacancy in Accra. This is an opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and dependable individual to grow with a growing company. The successful candidates will have overall management of the construction department, vocational Homes and Hospitality department, public toilet facilities, and general management of the shopping mall facility and will report to the Directors
The best candidate will oversee all operations of the establishments and ensure efficient coordination of all the departments. Due to the physically demanding nature of the work and other operational experiences, we’ll require the candidate to live around Madina.
- Develop and supervise the performance of all operating departments in general that is vocational hospitality management, construction department, Public toilet management, commercial shopping mall management and Tenant management.
- Related responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- To oversee planning, organizing and managing of the various maintenance, repair and capital projects our properties.
- Manage entire staff under your departments and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff members.
- To oversee the general operations of the companies construction projects. Etc.
- To ensure that a detailed and updated inventory list of all company assets is maintained and to oversee monthly stock take of operating equipment, furniture and inventory, particularly for the departments and vocational hospitality apartments and maintain re-order levels.
- To ensure all common services and public utility services are in good working order and bills are paid on time at all our facilities.
- To ensure that all credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior approval from directors.
- Providing regular updates to directors on all financial and operational issues at the properties.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of all period-end financial statements and reports to director.
- Provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all receipts and expenses.
Sales & Marketing:
- Develop, implement, monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum returns and occupancies.
- Oversee the setup and operation of online marketing strategies
We invite applications from highly energized individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hotel Management or Property management from a recognized university
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in hospitality or construction (NB: Candidates who have headed a department in a medium to a large hotel, or a construction firm or have been in overall management of hospitality businesses are encouraged to apply.)
- Familiarity with online marketing will be an added advantage
- Excellent written & spoken English, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and use of a hospitality software
- Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
- High managerial capacities
- Highly organized and efficient individual
- Pro-active and result-driven
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Ability to create a vision and mobilize staff towards its achievement
- Socially engaged, passionate, easy communicator, convincing and representative attitude.
The property manager will be expected to supervise round-the-clock support provided by themselves and the other team members in shifts or as needed.
Job criteria for job ad : General Manager for a Construction and Hospitality Company
Tourism, hotel business and catering
Hotel business, catering
Public buildings and works sector, construction
Real-estate, architecture, town planning
|Number of Position(s)||:||1|