Job ad Ghana : Finance Assistant
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign
- Work closely with District Operations Coordinators in confirming engaged personnel for payment
- Prepare payroll for seasonal staff, coordinate the payment of per diems and ground transport; for participants at trainings and stakeholder meeting through mobile money
- Ensure that seasonal workers contracts are signed and filed prior to the start of spray campaign
- Source for quotations and prepare purchase requisitions and purchase orders for vendor payments
- Handle all finance related activities in the districts
- Collect and properly record in a computer all financial data for project activities in the assigned district
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Record and analyze fuel consumption for vehicles in the district and advise on any discrepancy
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by properly reviewing and verifying all submitted invoices
- Any other duty assigned
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred, with two years working experience in Accounting, and Finance
- Proficiency in English and one or more Ghanaian Northern Language is a plus.
- Work overtime if necessary and meet deadlines for reporting.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Good level of competence in MS Excel and MS Word programs.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and good problem solving ability
Job criteria for job ad : Finance Assistant
|Job category :|
Accounting, controlling, finance
Secretarial work, assistantship
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||9|