Job ad Ghana : English Teacher
We are looking for a well-trained, experienced, dynamic, learning – cocused literature teacher to inspire our continued drive for the highest quality of student learning.
Candidates will assume responsibility for the academic success of the school by overseeing curriculum implementation, and ensuring a robust school culture.
Reporting to the Head of School
Role and Responsibilities
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of al students
- implement a coherent, research-based curriculum using technological tools
- Document all lesson plans, assignment,s rubrics, and other instructional materials and methods
- Use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage students in the classroom
- Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined and joyous school culture of high academic and behavioral standards
- Provide structure in the classroom by developing and reinforcing school-wide rules and expectations
- Ensure smooth operation of all classroom instructional functions without excuses and exceptions
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice
- Evaluate academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student performance.
Student Support and School Culture
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues
- Develop and maintain positive, strong classroom culture.
- Qualified Teacher status
- Minimum of a degree level qualification in English Language/Literature.
- High academic achievement
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Willingness and desire to undertake further professional development and training.
- Experience in planning and teaching Secondary Curriculum (IGCSE)
- Having an extensive knowledge and well informed understanding in English.
- A range of teaching styles able to cater for pupils differing learning styles and needs
- Teaching and behavior management strategies
- Experience in teaching with excellent classroom practice and outcomes.
- Holding positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behavior in a professional role
- Genuine commitment to high quality teaching
- A commitment to equal opportunities and inclusion.
- A willingness to participate actively in the life and work of the school to support the ethos and culture, providing presence as and when required.
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults, including parents/ caregivers
- Ability to build strong relationships for a successful classroom behavior management
- Effective time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines and work under sustained pressure
- Ability to model to talk through actions and decisions in order to benefit the learners’ understanding
- Unswerving commitment to implementing whole school/staff policies relating to the safeguarding of children
- A good sense of humor.
- Effective ICT skills
- Proven track record of successful teamwork.
Job criteria for job ad : English Teacher
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|