Job ad Ghana : Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
To conduct a safe troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of electrical and instrumentation production equipment and systems, according to electrical codes and specifications, to optimize plant processing and production.
- Execute on electrical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the E&I Supervisor.
- Conduct daily work planning around STP’s, JHA / FLRA and SAFE checks.
- Identify, resolve and correct detected E&I faults and defects in equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into faults affecting equipment operations and process flows.
- Diagnose and repair electrical power and control systems, AC V/S drives and associated electrical equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on all electrical equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, including predictive and preventative electrical and instrumentation maintenance.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Read and utilize electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, single line diagrams and circuit diagrams.
- Utilize hand tools, portable electrical tools and maintenance shop equipment safely and effectively.
- Test repaired equipment to determine the extent of effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of MCC’s, motors and drives.
- Confirm that tag-outs / lockouts are in place when disconnecting / connecting and removing electrical motors.
- Monitor substations in the plant and carry out any maintenance procedures.
- Attend to breakdowns and power outages
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Electrical Engineering Technician II Certificate.
- Other relevant Electrical Engineering Trade Test Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ electrical maintenance experience in a mining plant / process environment.
- Wide ranging experience across various voltage electrical works – extra-low, low and high.
- Strong knowledge of applicable electrical codes.
- Strong knowledge of process instrumentation.
- Sound knowledge of electrical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
Job criteria for job ad : Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
|Job category :||
Production, maintenance, quality
Industry, production, manufacturing and other
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|