Job ad Ghana : eLearning Manager – Accra
The University of Ghana here by invites applications from suitably qualified persons within the University for the position of eLearning Manager.
POSITION: eLEARNING MANAGER
REPORTING TO: DEPUTY CHIEF IT OFFICER, SERVICES
SUPERVISES: LMS Administrator, Multi-Content Development Team, Instructional Designers
- To provide support for operating policies and procedures with a focus on online course development, faculty training and mentoring and multi-media and production services in support of online instructional programs offered through the University in line with learning management initiatives for the achievement of the objectives of the University.
- Manages online course development, faculty training and mentoring and quality initiatives for eLearning and instructional design.
- Ensures accessibility issues related to online instruction are addressed and compliance with applicable regulations adhered to.
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of production services using a variety of media.
- Supervises professional, technical/support staff in the management of issues resolution and inquiries from College departments, the community and/or external agencies and partners.
- Initiates operating policies and procedures with a focus on online course development, faculty training and mentoring and multi-media and production services in support of online instructional programs offered through the University.
- Oversee the performance of day-to-day administration and maintenance of the Sakai Learning Management System.
- Oversee the provision of timely and efficient troubleshooting assistance to users by investigating all questions/issues relating to the LMS and taking appropriate action for resolution..
- Manage the creation and enforcement of LMS standards, policies, and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong vendor relationship to accomplish business objectives, including escalation of critical issues and troubleshooting critical Sakai functionality.
- Provide role-based system training as needed.
- Provide and make recommendations for systemic process improvements.
- Evaluate, recommend, and pilot new technologies as appropriate.
- Prepare, deliver and manage reports, recommendations, or alternative solutions to address existing and future business needs as related to LMS data.
- Coordinate the generation of ad hoc and recurring reports generated in the LMS.
- Design, run and analyse reports created outside of the LMS as needed.
- Design and develop online learning materials and help for applications using University of Ghana standards and development tools.
- Plan and organize periodic e-content training for lecturers.
- Assist lecturers to convert paper-based teaching materials into electronic and web-based versions.
The applicant must be a staff of the University of Ghana at the grade of at least, Principal ICT Assistant and have:
- A Master’s Degree in Management Information Sciences
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Studies
- A minimum of Ten (10) years relevant post qualification working experience.
- A minimum of Six (6) years of experience administering an LMS.
- Experience with database administration
Required knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of MySQL and Redhat Linux.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives and projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Excellent communicator who works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
- Knowledge of one or more content authoring tools highly desirable (Adobe Captivate, Articulate, etc)
- Possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skills in developing high quality, standard-based online course design and development skills;
- Basic budgeting principles and practices;
- Project management principles and practices;
- Video, multi-media, and graphic material production principles and practices;
- Knowledge of Applicable software systems utilized in daily operations;
- Knowledge of Applicable digital production equipment;
- Knowledge of eLearning principles and practices;
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging educational technology.
- Ability to work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities.
The application pack should contain the following:
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
- Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
- General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
- Interpersonal skills
- Any other relevant information
Closing Date: 23 November, 2020
Job criteria for job ad : eLearning Manager
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|