Job ad Ghana : Credit Risk Analyst – Accra
Under the Supervision of the Head, Credit Risk, the successful candidates) will be required to undertake the following:
- Analyse, assess and approve (within delegated authorities) credit applications to ensure that the risk is sufficiently contained within acceptable parameters, relative to the profitability of each deal.
- Ensure that the Bank’s policies and procedures pertaining to credit risk are complied with at all times and conform to best practices
- Ensure that all the necessary controls and systems are in place to address the risks encountered in the post-credit granting stage and that the Non- Performing Loan (NPL) book is properly managed
- Perform periodic inspections to ensure that draw down of facilities are only approved where all terms and conditions of sanction/covenants have been met and all required collateral have been obtained and are in legal order.
- Perform periodic inspections to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Oversee that all standard legal documents (such as facility letters, cessions, pledges, surety ships/guarantees) are continually reviewed to ensure enforceability and legality at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Central Bank and all relevant regulations
- Ensure that all shortcomings highlighted in Internal and External Audit reports are sufficiently and timeously addressed and the necessary actions are taken to prevent a recurrence of the listed shortcomings.
- Manage credit team effectively by providing appropriate leadership and guidance growing quality staff through effective motivation, training and development, on-the-job coaching, reward and recognition and performance management.
• Minimum of a good first degree from a recognised University plus MBA in Finance/Economics or its equivalent.
• At least five (5) years experience in Credit Risk Management, Credit Administration, Credit Review or Risk Exposure Modelling. Excellent Credit Risk experience gained within the financial services sector.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure.
• Good comprehension and appreciation of existing and anticipated commercial and relevant local laws and regulations.
• High integrity, credibility and communication skills to operate confidently and effectively at senior levels both internally and externally.
Closing Date: 28 September, 2020
Job criteria for job ad : Credit Risk Analyst
|Job category :||
Accounting, controlling, finance
Banking, insurance, finance
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|