Job ad Ghana : Community Manager, Accra
Focus of the Role
The technological revolution is the central issue for modern, progressive policymakers. Properly managed it can help build a better and more equal society for everyone. But achieving this vision requires a determined effort to understand the new reality, in order to resolve the new challenges arising from the internet era and accelerate the opportunities it presents.
Our Technology and Public Policy programme exists to help policymakers master the implications of the technology revolution and deliver progressive policy and strategy for the 21st century. This short deck explains more about the overall programme and our team culture.
The community engagement team is responsible for growing our network of stakeholders and supporters from around the world. We host events around the world, engaging stakeholders from private industry and public sector and form partnerships to amplify our message and generate opportunities for people who share our vision to support our work.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a growing team with an ambitious mission to equip leaders around to world to master the revolution in technology. We are optimists who believe in the importance of convening and curating the policy debate, and we are looking for the right candidates to help expand our external engagement and raise the global profile of our work.
The post holder will report to our Community Lead and work closely with their community engagement team peers in other regions and Institute’s four tech policy units.
The key objectives for the role are to:
Coordinate and implement our community engagement strategy in your region
Identify and develop opportunities to showcase our policy thinking to new and prospective audiences
Develop, nurture and consolidate relationships with policy and industry stakeholders through fresh, innovative engagement tactics
The post holder will:
- Develop and implement an ambitious community engagement strategy for our tech policy programme, working with the Community Lead and peers in other regions
- Plan and execute a range of policy events and other community engagement activities, working closely with the various tech policy units to advance their ideas
- Build a strong network in the region and use this to advance our mission, representing the Institute’s tech policy programme with external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years’ experience in public affairs, communications, or similar roles
- Proven operational delivery skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience leading successful stakeholder engagement campaigns
- Strong project management and appreciation of impact-driven work in a policy environment
- Energetic and highly collaborative with an insatiable curiosity and passion for technology
The following is also desirable:
- An existing industry and / or policy network in the region
- A track record managing and delivering policy events
Job criteria for job ad : Community Manager, Accra
|Job category :||
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|