Job ad Ghana : Business Studies Teacher
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
International Community School Ghana is a world-class institution providing students with an inclusive holistic and international education needed to succeed in college/university and become patriotic leaders.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through to high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the Business Studies curriculum. He / She will teach, assess students’ work and guide them towards achieving appropriate qualifications according to the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus or other syllabus agreed with the school.
- Identifying clear learning and teaching objectives and content and specifying how these will be taught.
- Setting tasks for class, group and individual work, which challenge students and ensure high levels of student interest. This includes teaching through “challenges” where children’s learning is not capped and they have greater ownership of the work they undertake.
- Planning, setting and responding to homework, in line with the agreed policy for each year group.
- Setting high expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work
- Ensure that teaching and learning objectives are met through effective teaching, high expectations, sound learning and discipline and a purposeful working atmosphere in the classroom.
- Establish and maintain good discipline, by following the school strategy for behavior management.
- Establish a safe learning environment in which students feel safe, secure and confident.
- Use a variety of teaching methods which will foster and stimulate enthusiasm for learning, and maintain motivation.
- Differentiate appropriately for all abilities in the class, setting high expectations for all but not cap student learning.
- Give clear instructions, presentations and question students effectively to ensure participation.
- Respond to all students’ work effectively, in line with the school’s assessment strategy so that students are clear about how they have achieved and their next steps.
- Will ensure that appropriate study materials are available in good time and that homework, when given, is marked promptly so that timely feedback to pupils may be provided.
- Plan, prepare and teach according to the Business Studies syllabi
- Prepare the pupils for the examination
- Maintain discipline so that the learning objectives of the class and the provisions of the School’s Health and Safety policy are met.
- Take part in the appraisal of his/her own work performance and must be prepared to assist in the appraisal of colleagues.
- Mark, work promptly and provide sound feedback and guidance.
Qualifications & Training
- 1 st Degree qualification in Business Studies
- Master’s degree qualification in Business Studies
Experience & Skills
- Successful teaching experience with Senior secondary School age groups, including at IGCSE, AS and A level
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Ability to plan and teach wellstructured lessons which achieve outcomes which are at least good and are often outstanding
- Ability to work closely with a team of teaching colleagues in your department to prepare, resource and teach your subject
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues showing respect for others and professionalism at all times
- Established and evidenced practice as a good / outstanding teacher.
Job criteria for job ad : Business Studies Teacher
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|