Job ad Ghana : Biology & Chemistry Teacher
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
International Community School Ghana is a world-class institution providing students with an inclusive holistic and international education needed to succeed in college/university and become patriotic leaders.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from pre-school through to high school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams.
The Biology and Chemistry Teacher will provide a balanced curriculum and maintain progress of all class members through the relevant subject at a pace suitable to their age and development and use appropriate skills and techniques of differentiation.
He/She will teach, assess students’ work and guide them towards achieving appropriate qualifications according to the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus or other syllabus agreed with the school.
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught
- Make sure that the classroom is a stimulating environment that facilitates learning
- Generate enthusiasm for the subject being taught and inspire all students to work to their potential
- Liaise with the Head of Department and Learning Support Department where a student may have special educational needs and with the form tutor and Head of School if a student is experiencing pastoral difficulties
- Promote high standards of behavior by encouraging a positive, proactive approach to studying and build productive relationships with students
- Set homework which is appropriate to the student’s ability and their wider workload, following School policy
- Assess student’s work accurately and regularly, giving thoughtful and meaningful feedback
- Be punctual to lessons
Qualifications & Training
- 1 st Degree qualification in Bio- Chemistry
- Master’s degree qualification in BioChemistry
Experience & Skills
- Successful teaching experience with Senior secondary School age groups, including at IGCSE, AS and A level
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Ability to plan and teach wellstructured lessons which achieve outcomes which are at least good and are often outstanding
- Ability to work closely with a team of teaching colleagues in your department to prepare, resource and teach your subject
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues showing respect for others and professionalism at all times
- Established and evidenced practice as a good / outstanding teacher.
Job criteria for job ad : Biology & Chemistry Teacher
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Spoken language :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|