Job ad Ghana : Applications Development Manager – Accra
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons within the University for the position of Applications Development Manager.
POSITION: APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF UNIT, ADMINISTRATIVE COMPUTING
SUPERVISES: Programmers, Business Systems Support Engineers And Analysts
- To design, develop, create or customize software or specialized software tools and utilities with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency for the achievement of the objectives of the University
- Document business requirements using formalism such Unified Modelling Language (UML) or other object-oriented modeling tools;
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met;
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation;
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to ensure optimum design;
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements;
- Write computer programs of higher complexity or with specific performance, connectivity or business logic requirements;
- Elaborate Enterprise Software and Hardware Architecture orientation and monitor compliance to design principles and guidelines;
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
The applicant must be a staff of the University of Ghana at the grade of at least, Principal ICT Assistant and:
- have a good first degree plus a Masters’ Degree in computer science, software/computer systems engineering, or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years working experience in a related programming environment;
- Certification in a programming tool/language is an advantage; and,
- have at least 10 years relevant post-second degree qualification experience.
Required knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong understanding of relational and conventional database technology, tools and techniques, standard operating systems, database products and needs, and performance tuning techniques;
- Requires a good knowledge of Unix and Database Management Systems (DBMS);
- Excellent knowledge of structured query language (SQL);
- A good knowledge of Oracle Weblogic server and Application Development Framework (ADF);
- Expertise in application development using oracle’s PL/SQL, Java Application Development, C++ and .Net Framework;
- Hands-on experience in programming;
- Ability to maintain a professional behaviour in all situations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Able to communicate well with stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent planning, organising and presentation skills;
- Able to lead and work as part of a team, solution orientated, proactive and motivated with good time management skills;
- Multi-tasking to work on multiple projects at once required;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records and meet or exceed institutional goals;
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and,
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- Analytical Thinking – Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity – The position requires a high level of integrity, as the position holder will be exposed to confidential and sensitive information.
- Innovation – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
- Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
- General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
- Interpersonal skills
- Any other relevant information
Closing Date: 23 November, 2020
Job criteria for job ad : Applications Development Manager
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|