Job ad Ghana : ACS Senior Support Engineer Database
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience. Experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools is important.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary
verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Core Activities and Responsibilities:
- Delivering high quality technical services to ACS customers.
- Ensuring adherence to internal methodology, tools and quality standards.
- Proactively foresee existing customer needs and activities to provide better support and remain engaged with customer focused activities
- Work with other Oracle LOBs and Partners to ensure that knowledge is transferred both into and out of ACS, and act as technical Subject Matter Experts where required
- Be focused on innovation and technology and understand how these can be used to benefit both customers and ACS
- Manage and resolve Customer Requests according to product main strategy and model.
- Respond and resolve customer issues within Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products.
- Ensure the timely completion of planned proactive tasks and Customer Requests.
- Owning and resolving problems and managing customer expectations throughout the life cycle in accordance with global standards.
- Working towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (ODC, diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities (direct and Indirect):
Related Work Experience
The candidate should have 5-8 years experience in using and administrating Oracle database server with strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux and/or Windows. Experience in RAC, DB Performance, or Backup/Recovery is a Must.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
The candidates should have a degree in Computer science. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is a must/ (OCM) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux and/or Windows.
- Experience in RAC, DB Performance, DB patching/DB upgrades or Backup/Recovery is a must.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas is a plus:
- Oracle Security Products,
- Oracle Data Guard,
- Oracle Golden Gate,
- SQL Tuning,
- Exadata ,
- Super Cluster,
- Having excellent written and spoken English is a must with strong Communication skills.
- Candidate should have Customer focus, working globally, team working and results orientation skills.
Candidate should be:
- Willing to travel for long tasks or high frequency.
- Willing to work on 24×7 and flexible hours (Out of hours and weekends)
Job criteria for job ad : ACS Senior Support Engineer Database
|Job category :|
IT, new technologies
IT, software engineering, Internet
Research and development
Temporary work, recruitment
|Employment type :|
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||10|