Job ad Ghana : Academic Coordinator – Accra
We are recruiting an Academic Coordinator.
- Attend meetings, educational conferences and training workshops and serve on committees.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, administrators, and other professionals to discuss children’s progress, resolve behavioral, academic and other problems, and to determine priorities for students and their resource needs.
- Prepare students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Evaluate students’ or individuals’ abilities, interests, and personality characteristics using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by policies and administrative regulations.
- Provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur at school.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Teach classes and present self-help or information sessions on subjects related to education.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs.
- Counsel students regarding educational issues, class scheduling and registration, school adjustment, truancy, study habits, and career planning.
- Observe students during classroom and play activities to evaluate students’
- Conduct follow-up interviews with counselees to determine if their needs have been met.
- Establish and enforce administration policies and rules governing student behavior.
- Plan, direct, and participate in recruitment and enrollment activities.
- Interview clients to obtain information about employment history, educational background, and career goals, and to identify barriers to employment.
- Provide disabled students with assistive devices, supportive technology, and assistance accessing facilities such as restrooms.
- Degree holders with preferably Bachelor or Master’s degree in Education or Education related qualifications.
- Experience with an international curriculum for at least 2 years.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in the sort position
Closing Date : 25th October, 2020
Job criteria for job ad : Academic Coordinator
|Job category :|
|Employment type :|
|Experience level :|
|Educational level :|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|