IT Security Advisor | ReliefWeb
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
* Preferred location: Manila, Philippines; Romania or Ghana where WVI is registered to operate.
As IT Security Advisor, you will be responsible for developing and managing security across multiple IT functional areas (e.g., data, systems, network and/or Web) across the enterprise, develop and manage enterprise security services, and develop security solutions for complex assignments to ensure the company’s infrastructure and information assets are protected. You will work on multiple projects as a team lead.
Individuals within the IT Security job family plan, execute and manage multi-faceted projects related to compliance management, risk assessment and mitigation, control assurance, business continuity and disaster recovery, and user awareness. They are focused on developing and driving security strategies, policies/standards, ensuring the effectiveness of solutions, and providing security-focused consultative services to the organization.
Individuals develop, execute and manage data, system, network and internet security strategies and solutions within a business area and across the enterprise. They develop security policies and procedures such as user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines. To guide enforcement of security policies and procedures, they administer and monitor data security profiles on all platforms by reviewing security violation reports and investigating security exceptions. They update, maintain and document security controls and provide direct support to the business and internal IT groups. IT Security professionals evaluate and recommend security products, services and/or procedures. They also communicate and educate IT and the business about security policies and industry standards, and provide solutions for enterprise/business security issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5 – 7 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to data protection and privacy, PCI-DSS compliance, risk management, incident management, and cybersecurity.
- In-depth knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Security Certification (i.e., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.