IOM International Organisation For Migration Jobs 2017
According to the U.S. Department of State’s 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report, Ghana is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labour and sex trafficking. Internal trafficking of children is of particular concern as Ghanaian boys and girls are subjected to forced labour within the country in fishing, domestic service, street hawking, begging, artisanal gold mining and agriculture.
Since November 2012, IOM has been implementing a child protection and counter child trafficking initiative in 6 communities aimed at empowering community members to address and prevent child trafficking and child abuse occurring in the Volta Region. With support from UNICEF, IOM developed a 12 module Child Protection toolkit, called Free to Be Me. The modules were piloted in 6 communities and IOM expanded the pilot in 2015 to include 8 districts and 43 communities in the Volta Region.
Job Title: Visibility Consultant (Counter Trafficking)
The Consultant would be expected to develop or plan for the development of multimedia material (i,e. video, audio, animations, interactive content, informational graphics, etc.) that effectively increase visibility of project activities and results among a variety of target audiences, including donors, partner agencies, the general public and local communities.
The Consultant will analyse existing multimedia material collected during project implementation, develop a plan to develop new visibility material, collect additional raw material as necessary and finalise the visibility material according to IOM and UNICEF standards.
The consultant will provide the following deliverables within the proposed timeframe:
Review existing multimedia material (2 days)
• Compile and.catalog all multimedia material related to the project, including video, pictures, audio, informational graphics, etc. Also identify gaps, if any.
• Provide written summary of existing material and transcripts.
Develop Visibility Plan (3 days)
• Draft and coordinate a visibility plan, including story boards, work plan and timeframe. If necessary, include a proposal to collect new material.
• Deliver an IOM approved Visibility Plan.
Collect new material (optional)
• If necessary and based on approved Visibility Plan, travel to field and collect new material.
• Provide Daily field notes and raw multimedia material.
Finalize visibility material (10 days)
• Edit and finalize (or lead the development of) visibility material based on approved Plan.
• Final and approved multimedia material.
Post development (2 days)
• Contribute to the presentation and dissemination of visibility material among identified audiences, especially newspapers, TV and radio.
• Deliver dissemination plan and conduct at least one newspaper, TV and radio appearance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Relevant experience of planning and collecting multimedia material as part of a visibility strategy;
• Demonstrable skills in developing, editing, and finalizing audience-specific visibility material according to international standards;
• Demonstrable experience working in the field;
• Familiarity with context of human trafficking in Ghana, including prevalence and incidence, different forms and country specific manifestations;
• Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills.
How to Apply
Please send a Covering Letter and CV to: [email protected] no later than 16:30 (Accra Time) Closing Date: 15 September, 2017
Please mention the position title in the subject line. Your Covering Letter must clearly state the reason you are applying to the consultancy and how your qualifications are consistent with the proposed tasks. Only complete applications will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.