The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) has an exciting opportunity for a National Researcher to gather and analyze high-quality data to help the REACH-STR project team to track progress towards achieving the project objectives and expected outcomes. The National Researcher – Monitoring and Evaluation will be required to gather and analyze high-quality data to help the project team to track progress towards achieving project objectives and expected outcomes.
Job Title: National Researcher – Monitoring and Evaluation
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and implement a coherent monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system that provides reliable data for the REACH-STR project.
• Analyze change processes and impact pathways of project implementation.
• Review project activities and analyze how to evaluate clear and verifiable results.
• Ensure that the M&E system takes into account linkages between the REACH-STR project M&E framework, activities of donors, REACH and implementing partners.
• Strengthen the M&E capacity of the project team and implementing partners to effectively track project results and impacts.
• Act as focal point for any external project evaluations conducted by the donor.
• Conduct research studies on social transformation related to development planning processes.
• Carry out other tasks within the context of project implementation (e.g., research, learning events, policy engagement) as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a master’s degree, but preferably a PhD in social science studies or the humanities related to rural sociology, rural development, public policy analysis, agricultural economics, agricultural innovations, gender, climate change resilience, political economy or other subjects of relevance.
• Postgraduate work experience of 5-7 years
• Knowledge of political economy and the policy cycle of different governance levels in Ghana.
• Solid knowledge of qualitative data analysis and the use of appropriate software, and appreciable knowledge of quantitative data collection and analysis.
• Results-oriented project management approaches, logical framework approaches, and planning and implementation of M&E systems.
• Project data management and analysis.
• Conducting and managing external project evaluations.
• Experience of working in projects related to social transformation, climate change resilience and development planning, which target rural communities and resource-poor households.
• Experience in sustainable and inclusive economic growth policy making and rural development planning approaches will be highly valued.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of applied social science research methods.
• Knowledge of M&E frameworks and impact pathway analysis approaches.
• Experience of rural development planning processes.
• Knowledge of M&E using a logical framework approach.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office packages, including Access, and SPSS or Stata, and Atlas.Ti software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of local languages in Ghana.
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Ghana are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 23 December, 2020