Institute of Local Government Studies Jobs 2019
The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) is a public management established under Act 647 of 2003, It is mandated to organise the training of both staff and members of the regional coordinating councils, district assemblies and other lower local government units to enhance the managerial, administrative, financial and operational efficiency of organs and units of local government The 1LGS also runs four Master’s level programmes in local government administration, local economic development, financial management and environmental science, policy and management as well as other short-term certificate and post-graduate certificate courses.
The ILGS is currently undergoing a re-organisation programme that seeks to expand the scope of its programmes and transform the institute into a leading academic and training institution in local governance and development in Africa. The ILGS is, therefore, inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment into its faculty as full-time/ part-time staff in the under-listed positions:
- Senior Lecturers/ Senior Research Fellows
- Lecturers/ Research Fellows
Areas of Specialization
- Public Policy and Management
- Corporate Leadership and Governance
- Organisational Development and Change Management
- Management Information Systems
- Geographic Information System
- Development Studies
- Gender Studies and Managing Diversity
- Local Economic Development
- Strategic Management
- Social Protection Ethics
- Business Development
- Community Development
- Development and Land-Use Planning
- Public Financial Management
- Project Management
- Public Sector Budgeting
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Human Resource Management
- Climate Change and Environmental Management
- Valuation and Property Rating Development Communication
- Agric-Business and Value Chain Analysis
Applicants must hold a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree related to the areas of specialisation indicated above from a recognised institution as well as teaching, research and community service or policy engagement experience.
Successful candidates will be responsible for
- Teaching assigned courses under the institute’s accredited academic programmes
- Conducting institutional research and consultancy assignments
- Facilitating sessions on the continuous professional development and competency-based training programmes.
Terms Of Appointment
- Successful candidates could be appointed Into full-time or part-time positions (please indicate your preference).
- Duty posts are the Accra and Tamale Campuses (please indicate your preference).
- Remuneration is attractive.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit application letters indicating how their qualification(s) and experience match the requirement of the selected position, together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae with full contact information of two (2) referees;
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants with foreign qualifications most attached verification reports from the National Accreditation Board.
SHORTLISTING & INTERVIEW.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews scheduled for January 2020.
Deadline for submission of applications: The closing date for the submission of applications is December 31, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to: The Registrar Institute of Local Government Studies P.O. Box LG 549, Legon-Accra Delivery may be by courier or personal at the Accra Campus, Ogbojo, Accra Soft copy version should be sent to [email protected]