Information Technology Support Technician at Teledata ICT – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
We are one of the major players and a leader in the Internet Service Providing (ISP) industry in Ghana. Our Office is based in Accra. Our services range from Fiber Optic Internet Access, Satellite Broadband Internet Access, Radio Broadband Internet Access, IP VPN, Wide Area Network connectivity, and VOIP solution. Our clientele ranges from big, medium to small-scale business and organizations as well as private individuals across the country.
We are looking for individuals for the position of IT Support Technician. The essential functions for the position holder include the following:
- Preserves passwords, data integrity and file systems security for the computing environment.
- Provides functional support in configuring, designing, maintaining, installing, and repairing of networks systems and work station, network devices, servers, and network systems.
- Assists computer users with the operation/repair of computer systems and other technological equipment.
- Provides technical assistance to staff by installing, configuring, testing, and upgrading computer software and hardware.
- Trains computer users on new systems by performing technical demonstration to acquaint them with operational procedures.
- Carries out diagnostic tests to identify and resolve faults in technological systems, and performs routine maintenance of computer/network systems.
- Sustains and fixes issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephone, Video systems and other computing equipment
- Maintains records of computer problems as well as solutions recommended
Position requires a first degree in computer science, information technology or any equivalent combination of education and previous working experience in an IT support role up to four or more years.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of troubleshooting computer-related issues both hardware and software, as well as desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
- Strong ability to quickly analyze user problems and systems, find alternative best solutions and resolve whatever issues.
- Communication skills, including the ability to express oneself clearly in conversation and interactions with others; to express oneself clearly in business writing, and to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Accountability for results, including the ability to take ownership of one’s responsibilities, and follow through and meet deadlines or targets without constant monitoring.
- Initiative, including ability to identify what needs to be done and take action before being asked or before the situation requires it.