Imports Logistics Officer at HPW Fresh & Dry – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd is a fruit processing company. HPW is synonymous with fresh from harvest fruit, crisp and crunchy vegetables from Africa and Asia. We develop stand-alone products for our customers that meet the most exacting quality standards and offer maximum availability – for wholesalers and retailers, as well as for the food industry.
- Department: Operations
- Reports To: Logistics Coordinator
- Location: Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adeiso, E/R.
To Monitor and verify imports documents and imports permit
- Handle Import monitoring by keeping register
- Responsible for receiving and dispatching of import documents
- Verify import documents (Invoices, transport documents, packing list, etc) accuracy (eg. Descriptions, HS codes, etc
- Request for corrections/amendments on documents with errors
- Handle freezones exemptions on imports.
- Initiate the acquisition of import permits (eg PPRSD permit for plant produce)
- Liaise with clearing agents at the various entry points for clearance (Airport, Tema, Elubo, Hamile and Aflao) of all imports
- Coordinate clearance procedures at the port, resident customs for e trak deactiva-tion
- Ensure on time clearance at all entry points to eliminate/reduce demurrage.
- Receive cleared goods, organize offloading at the factory and handing over to the appropriate store/ user
- Handle all payments for services by clearing agents
- Update import returns and filling of import documents
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly returns to administration.
Required Skills or Experience
HND or First Degree in accounting /logistics & supply chain with at least National Service experience in similar role
Technical & Personality Competencies
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office suite, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a Team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
Submit your CV to [email protected]