IBTCI Job Vacancy : Office and Finance Coordinator – Jobs in Ghana
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Office and Finance Coordinator
Department/Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports To: PELA Research Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Local Office and Finance Coordinator to support a USAID’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting Activity (PELA) in Ghana. Candidates who are interested in peacebuilding and monitoring & evaluation in the West Africa region are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this is an entry-level position. Ghanaian Nationals and Residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out finance functions of PELA (monthly funds request, monthly expense reporting, payroll).
- Manage the office filing system (both physical and electronic files).
- Update and maintain documents and other paperwork for the PELA project.
- Coordinate PELA events in Ghana and Francophone West Africa.
- Organize travel and booking accommodations and reservations for regional travel for the PELA team and/or consultants as needed.
- Maintain office and supply inventories.
- Maintain office equipment, ensuring all equipment is in proper working order at all times.
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands.
- Greet clients and office visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Participate in the procurement process, ensuring adherence to both local and home office process and procedures.
- Serve as the HR point of contact for the IBTCI project office in Ghana.
- Record meeting minutes.
- Create, maintain and enter information into databases, including research software databases.
- Partner with the PELA technical team to collect and review literature and data on topics related to countering violent extremism (CVE) and peace building for research tasks and/or other technical products.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll processes strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in Quickbooks strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Basic French language skills required.
- Ability and willingness to work with a virtual team required.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- 1 to 2 years previous finance and/or office administrative experience required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Business Administration or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Ghana.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.