At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Job Title: Senior Service Delivery Manager
Your Role and Responsibilities
The senior service delivery Duties and responsibilities:
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Delivery service planning
- Maintaining positive relationship with the customer
- Managing customer needs and overseeing delivery within the business context
- Conducting risk assessments for the project
- Coordinating teams and developing schedules and individual responsibilities
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirement
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing deliverables; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with clients
- Obtaining customer acceptance and achieving customer satisfaction in the support of the client
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant program – additional Certifications a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years of working experience managing IT Organizations & teams.
- Professional Certification: ITIL Foundation. ITIL Practitioner shall be an added advantage
- Professional Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE 2
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- To succeed in as service delivery manager, you must be highly innovative because the job involves constant look out for ways of improving customer experience
- Must have exceptional ability to plan and implement service delivery processes. In addition, a keen eye for identifying business opportunities, developing business case and translating such plans into solutions to improve service delivery is also very important
- The service delivery manager must be effective at communicating with all kinds of individuals – clients, managers, and subordinates