Hilton Job Vacancy : Senior Development Director – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
This is an excellent opportunity to join Hilton within our Regional Development team leading the groups continued growth within Africa. Ideally, the position will be based in either Ghana or Nigeria and will focus specifically on West Africa. Working closely with the Vice President for Development you will drive the strategy, plans and expansion of Hilton Brands through the issuance of a management agreement or the sale of franchise licenses for new hotels or qualified conversions of existing hotels. You will be responsible for all development goals, key measurements and implementation of the development sales strategy for the Western Africa region.
Participates and/or approves all franchise sales collateral. Works with VP to manage the content of the franchise development website. Approves all franchise licenses and management contracts that conform to approval guidelines and prepares committee documents for all deals that need a further level of approval.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Evaluating and identifying business opportunities for further expansion of our brands and directs accordingly
- Assisting the strategic planning, development and coordination of SSA sales activities, with a particular focus on West/Central Africa
- Setting long-term goals for the SSA team that become the basis for short-term goals and annual operational planning.
- Working with Brand, Project Management, Regional Human Resources, Legal and Finance leadership to ensure the overall strategic direction of the Development team is consistent with and supported by these areas.
- Working with key stakeholders and departments within the Global Design, Real Estate Group, and Regional Operations structuring the resources and activities of the SSA team so objectives are accomplished.
- Approving all franchise licenses and management contracts that conform to approval guidelines and preparing committee documents for all deals that need a further level of approval.
- Leading the grouping and assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- Working with the SSA Development team and VP Development SSA to close high profile or complicated development deals, specifically in the Western Africa region.
- Expanding key relationships with existing and new key owners.
- Overseeing proper controls to ensure that the reported performance numbers are correct and transparent.
- Working with regional corporate senior team to support possible management contract agreements.
- Ensuring return on invested capital, time resources and managing a team working globally within many cultures and markets
- Attending and participating in local and regional industry events
What we are looking for
Applicants must have a proven track record from within the hotel / hospitality sector or a consulting firm supporting hotel clients with a broad skill including development, real estate investment, contract negotiation, feasibility and business development. This role will require and entrepreneurial and influential character who can build and develop key relationships and a strong reputation within the region – experience of operating within the African market is essential. Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required as is the ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout the Hilton organization, including internal and external resources.