Heath Systems Strengthening Technical Advisor – Ghana Health Systems Strengthening
FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Health Systems Strengthening Technical Advisor for the upcoming five-year USAID Ghana Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) project. The project will provide technical assistance to the Government of Ghana to strengthen the capacity of the Ghana Health System (GHS) to implement Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and address key functions of the health system. Serving as a member of the technical team, the HSS Advisor will support the Deputy Chief of Party to design, implement, and manage technical activities related to systems strengthening from the national level to the community level. The position will be based in Accra and is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for designing and executing the overall HSS strategy for the project and supporting the DCOP to track the achievement of project results under the USAID contract
- Develops training materials, job -aids, and policy guidelines
- Develops strategic alliances with national ministries, county governments, and technical working groups, along with international partners, donors, and foundations working to advance health systems strengthening from the national level to the community level
- Designs innovative approaches to HSS
- Supports the Government of Ghana in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, policies, and guidelines related to specific functions of the health system
- Facilitates the effective utilization and dissemination of data
- Supports capacity development activities of the Ghana Health System to operationalize its policies
- Supports the development of metrics for HSS and provides technical support for the integration of appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems at all levels of the Ministry of Health
- Maintains strong results focus with partners, and provides regular technical inputs into, and support for, the implementation of work-plans
- Produces quarterly and annual reports on the achievements of the HSS work
- Builds strong and effective working relationships with GHS, civil society, and other development partners working on health systems strengthening and related sectors, by convening relevant stakeholders at various forums, conferences, and working groups
- Documents results and lessons learned
- Manages and coordinates implementation learning related to HSS
- Master’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher, in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred
- At least five years of professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs
- At least five years of professional experience in managing USAID and/or international development organization projects and staff
- Proven experience in successful implementation of programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and decentralized government levels
- Specific technical expertise in at least one health systems strengthening technical area (e.g., health financing, health management information systems, human resources for health, supply chain, quality improvement, leadership & governance, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Ghana strongly desired
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.