Health systems expert | Global | 2020
Chemonics seeks a health systems expert for the anticipated European Investment Bank African Health Diagnostics Platform Technical Assistance opportunity which will work across Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, and additional countries in Francophone Africa to be identified. The project aims to strengthen public health systems and provide timely, cost effective, and high quality diagnostic testing services to low-income populations. The health systems expert will facilitate the development, financing, implementation and subsequent monitoring of diagnostic projects in the target countries. This position is for a four-year assignment anticipated to begin in November 2020. It is expected that the expert will be primarily based in the target African countries with a degree of remote work in the United States or Europe. We are looking for individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead contract implementation across target countries
- Design the appropriate partnership model for each country and facilitate negotiation of partnership terms
- Determine a work plan and design a feasibility study for each country that aligns with national requirements in the target country
- Engage with the private sector to both create awareness and assess their capacity to deliver a partnership under the AHDP
- Provide operational, management and procurement support to partnership stakeholders
- Prepare specific projects for implementation, including the development of governance structures and sustainable financing plans
- Provide capacity building within the national government to ensure optimal partnership management and execution
- Support the government in developing an effective monitoring and reporting tool with appropriate KPIs
- Assess and provide recommendations for closing the loop to treatment
- Monitor project progress and implement any corrective measures as required with both the government and the private partner to ensure a long-term sustainable project is put in place
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in health economics, health finance, or other relevant field
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in project implementation and management (planning, programming, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation) for the health sector, within development regions, preferably Sub-Saharan Africa
- Five years similar experience of working in a senior expert/management position on donor financed TA operation projects (experience on EIB-funded preferred)
- Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage
- Professional experience as a technical expert having implemented at least one health sector project in the last three years
- Evidence of the following pre-requisite skills as demonstrated through the implementation of at least three projects
- Good understanding of health sector policies within Sub-Saharan African countries
- Public health expertise, preferably on diagnostics and systems strengthening, including public sector engagement
- Experience in design and implementation of assessments for health sector projects including in the delivery of diagnostics in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in establishing financial and partnership structures
- Experience in capacity building in the health sector, including the establishment of performance-based funding structures
- Working level knowledge of French
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Health Systems Expert” in the subject line to [email protected] by August 31st , 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.