Head of Programme | ReliefWeb
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Programme governance, implementation and monitoring
Programme development and planning
Manage programme resources
Partnership networking and advocacy
Knowledge management and innovation
Impact of Results:
The effective and successful performance by the Head of Programme directly impacts on achievement of programme results and consequently reinforces the visibility and image of the UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21854
- A Master’s degree in engineering, project management, public administration, social science or other relevant related field is required.
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience managing engineering or procurement projects or that combines strategic and managerial leadership in social development, business development, executive management and/or programme management planning and operations in an international environment.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UNOPS languages is an advantage.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner an asset, but required completion within the first 6 months of onboarding.
- Programme/Project Management Professional (MSP® or PMI-PgMP/PMI-PMP) an asset.