We, Graphic Communications Group Limited (GCGL) are looking for a confident leader and strategic thinker with sound experience in Finance and related functions who will contribute to the growth of the business within the framework of accounting standards and GCGL’s policies and organisational procedures. The successful applicant will head the Finance Department and shall report to the Managing Director.
Job Title: Director of Finance
Responsible for the company’s Finance including Treasury and Accounting, and timely preparation of financial statements to enable management to take decisions on the performance of the company within the framework of Accounting standards and GCGL’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that GCGL’s Corporate Financial Objectives are achieved through the implementation of effective financial and tax strategies.
- Ensure the preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with IFRS, Companies Act 2019, Act 992 to enable management to take decisions on the performance of the company.
- Liaise with external auditors for the audit of the company accounts in fulfillment of the Companies Act 992.
- Supervise the preparation of annual corporate budgets and implement adequate budgetary control measures to ensure the achievement of the GCGL’s objectives.
- Identify the material financial risks associated with the company’s objectives, particularly, interest rates, exchange rates and inflation and ensure adequate controls are implemented to mitigate the risks.
- Ensure prompt payments by debtors to reduce outstanding debtors’ balances within approved credit limits set by the company to ensure effective cash flow management.
- Liaise with the Internal Audit Department in the identification and assessment of risks and the implementation of internal controls to mitigate GCGL’s exposure to risks.
- Practically manage the expectation of all stakeholders, particularly, dividend policies and taxation.
- Manage the relationship with all Government authorities to ensure compliance and payment of taxes
- Oversight responsibility for all finance functions of G-PAK Limited. a subsidiary of GCGL.
- Ability to ensure efficient and accurate financial systems
- Must be a team player with a high sense of commitment and honesty
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess strong leadership, numeracy, analytical, communication and IT skills
- Must possess knowledge of financials systerns, the knowledge of Oracle (EBS) will be an advantage
Full professional accounting qualification, i.e. ICAG, ACCA, or CIMA with ten (10) years relevant experience, five (5) years of which should have been at the senior management level of a medium to large organisation.
Method of Application
Interested eligible professionals should apply by sending a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
Director, HR & Administration,
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.,
P. O. Box GP742,
Alternatively, you may email your application to
Closing date for submission of applications: 18th September, 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.