Graphic Communications Group Ltd Recruitment
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
By an Act of Parliament the Government of Ghana acquired the company from its private owners in 1962. In 1971, the company became a statutory corporation through a legislative instrument – the Graphic Corporation Instrument, 1971, LI 709. This was in compliance with the Statutory Corporations Act, 1964 (Act 232). The company, therefore, became known as Graphic Corporation.
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
G-Pak Ltd invites applications from qualified persons who will be responsible for pre-press production, including image setting, process development and development of film.
• Plan and design jobs
• Scan, retouch anc crop pictures into design applications or software
• Plan, mount and prepare for CTF or CTP
• Access client’s files and retouch them to make them suitable for printing
• Review design for errors before final printing
Qualification Required & Experience
• Good first degree in Graphic Design or related field with a minimum of at least 2 years post qualification relevant experience
• HND in Graphic Design or related field with a minimum of at least 3 years post qualification relevant experience
• Understands Design for Print Production
• Proficient in the use of Photoshop, Quark Xpress, MS Office Suite, Acrobat Professional, Illustrator, InDesign and Coral draw
• Keen eye for details
• Creative and analytical
• Flexible attitude to working arrangements
• Ability to use imposition and workflow software (Preps and Prinergy)
• Ability to output film via CTF or plates via CTP
• Work with little or No supervision
How to Apply for The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
Ag. Director, HR & Administration,
Graphic Communications Group Ltd,
P.O.Box GP 742,
Alternatively, you may email your application to the HR Operations Manager at:
Closing Date: 29 September, 2016