Record and edit all events and scenarios, as well as source videos/rushes where necessary, for publication and promos in line with editorial direction and policies to produce top quality and professional videos for publication and marketing purposes.
Accomplish bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production, including transportation, setting up, and operating equipment; as well as assist with staging, set preparation and dressing
Job Title: Videographer
- Interpreting Scripts/Capturing Action on camera by recording important events using lighting and audio equipment.
- Directing Action by capturing specific actions and events for the camera
- Editing recorded video by assembling all raw footages, input uncut rushes and sounds, synchronising same and storing them into files, as well as record and fine-tuning rushes to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video to tell concise and visually pleasing
- Setting up and breaking down recording equipment before and after use.
- Maintaining all video and audio equipment in good working order, replacing pieces or recommending where necessary.
- Receiving or Creating briefs/outlines of footages and/or shortlist, script, or screenplay.
- Designing Promotional Videos by creating short, interesting videos for marketing purposes.
- Writing voiceovers/commentary and suggesting or selecting music.
- Maintaining a reliable archive of important rushes and videos for easy reference and retrieval.
- Training identified staff in videography to improve delivery times and output.
- Extensive experience/knowledge and proven track record in operating various video editing software programmes, such as Premier Pro, and Photoshop After Effects
- Time management skills with ability to work within tight deadlines,
capturing action and once-in-a-lifetime moments on camera
- Physical fitness to transport, move, set up, and take down various pieces of heavy recording equipment
- Creativity — be imaginative and have a passionate interest in film and video editing
- Patience and concentration — Ability to listen to others and work well as part of a team, ready to capture the most important moments of unfolding events
- High level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Keen eye for detail and beauty and use desirable skills to tell visual stories.
Applicants must possess a Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution and a minimum of three (3) years post qualification active experience in video production and editing
Method of Application
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
The Director, HR & Administration,
Graphic Communications Group Ltd,
P. O. Box GP 742,
Alternatively, you may email your application to