The Sustainable Employment through Agribusiness (AgriBiz) is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, with funding from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European Union (EU, Output 5).
• The project implementing partner is the Ghanaian Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI).
• The objective of the project is to promote productive employment in micro-small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the agribusiness sector.
Job Title: Technical Advisor- Agribusiness
Scope of the Role:
• The Technical advisor will primarily work together with the existing technical team responsible for operations in eleven (11) districts in Upper West, two (2) districts in Savanna and one (1) district in North East Regions to support decentralized structures especially Districts Departments of Agriculture, Districts Assemblies and PPRSD, with capacity building as well as planning. Contribute to respective milestones of output, strengthening sector extension services and support PPRSD to undertake regulatory activities
• Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with
• Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on topics connected with the programme’s area of activity.
• Promote public/private partnerships in maintaining and prioritizing development of new productive infrastructure, transportation, storage, and processing capacity.
• Facilitate complementarity between extension and farmer training activities of the programme and the Government Extension Services, based on the deployment of capacitated Agriculture Extension Agents (AEA’s)
• Advise Government institutions on measures that, for various targeted value chain, could be taken to support expansion of the sector and access to markets.
• Support the Regional and District Department of Agriculture and PPRSD to plan and carry out regulatory inspection on seed quality, quarantine, pesticides, and fertilizer.
• Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the HoU, the programme manager and GIZ Head Office and the EU.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA)
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
• Diligent, results-oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong managerial, organisational, and social competence
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Location: Upper West, Savanna and North East Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
[email protected] under the Job Code 2021/AgriBiz/04/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.