GIMPA Ghana Recruits Lecturers
The GIMPA School of Technology is looking for an ambitious Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor, or Professor in the field of Information Systems to further strengthen teaching and research in this increasingly important and expanding area of activity.
In addition to exhibiting an enthusiasm for teaching and research, the applicant should be able to:
- Demonstrate some experience of publishing in international academic journals, or ability to do so;
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Information Systems, including modules such as Systems Analysis and Design, Information Systems Management, IT Project Management, Database Design and Administration, and Information Risk and Security;
- Supervise students’ research work at undergraduate and postgraduate levels; and
- Contribute to general administrative and other duties within the School and the GIMPA Community as well as the General Community at large.
It is desirable that your interests should complement those of our faculty who are researching in the areas of Networking and Wireless Technologies, Applied Technology in Business Processes, Data Warehousing and Mining, Information Technology for Development, E-Learning Systems, and E-Government Systems.
A willingness to teach across a range of Information Systems subjects at different levels is important.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a lively and promising group in a School with a growing reputation.
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced academic training and research preferably evidenced by a doctorate degree or its equivalent or higher professional qualification shall be required from a recognized accredited institution.
- Scholarship as exemplified through research or contribution to knowledge through publications, teaching, and professional and community service shall be required.
- Outstanding scholarship as exemplified through contribution to the candidate’s field of teaching and research shall be required.
- Internationally-acknowledged scholarship as exemplified through contribution to the candidate’s field of teaching and research.
How To Apply
A full application pack should include the following:
- Application letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of all degree transcripts and certificates
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interest
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 14th June 2013. .
Applications and/or Informal enquiries should be made to:
Dr. Gamel Wiredu: Dean, School of Technology, +233 207 800 428; or:
Further information about the School of Technology can be found at:
Alternatively, please contact:
The Assistant Registrar
School of Technology
P. O. Box AH50
Achimota – Accra
or email: [email protected]