Job Title: Director, Conservation & Research
Duty Post: Conservation Education Centre, Accra
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Programme Managers (KBAs/IBAs, Migratory Birds and Flyways, Marine conservation)
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable based on performance)
• Responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and implementation of the Society’s Conservation and Biodiversity Research and programmes.
• Specific duties will include fundraising and project management, identification, planning and execution of mission oriented scientific research on biodiversity conservation issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A second degree, preferably PhD in the biological sciences (Botany, Zoology, etc.) Natural Resources Management or a related field with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a scientific officer position.
• Track record in project proposal development, coordination of field projects and programme staff is crucial.
• Proven communication skills (written and oral, particularly scientific reporting and presentation).
• Familiarity with basic computer applications and software (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, GIS, STATA and others).
• Ability to use statistical tools to analyse scientific data is required.
• A strong technical background and understanding of a range of conservation issues, including protected area management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes, conservation financing.
• Proven experience of large-size (over 1million Euros) project implementation, including financial management and administration.
• Experience managing teams to deliver complex projects.
• Experience working with partners, government institutions and communities.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a full CV, and a two-page vision statement for the position to:
Candidates may visit www.ghanawildlifesociety.org to download the terms of reference for the position.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.