Ghana Statistical Service Current Jobs 2019
The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm into the position of Director of Human Resource Management
Job Title: Director of Human Resource Management
To lead the HR Directorate, drive the HR transformation programme which will be critical in GSS delivering improvements to practice; systems and service. As a senior leader you will ensure personnel have the right skills and support to develop themselves and the objectives of GSS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitating regular review and update of HR polices, procedures and protocols to support GSS in promoting professionalism, consistency and continuous improvement. For example. the Scheme of Service, Organogram, Conditions of Service, Establishment Schedule, Collective Agreement, Human Resource Manual. resourcing and learning and development, among others etc,
• Advising the Organisation on employment legislation and employment practices. and
• Overseeing the management of labour issues in accordance with existing labour laws. regulations and practices to ensure industrial harmony
Leadership, Performance & Strategic Direction
• Building, nurturing. stimulating and supporting GSS senior leaders to equip and guide them in delivering on their mandate as well as ensuring organisational cohesion;
• Providing and empowering leadership and direction in the development of HR strategies in line with the Organisation’s overall strategy and ensuring that HR plans support business needs but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in internal or external business context:
• Working with senior management team and heads of functions to manage GSS’s performance management system: rewards regimes and ensuring that they are in line with best practices and also, supports the Organisation’s strategic objectives;
• Developing a resourcing strategy, taking on the needs of other GSS senior leaders, for a growing and changing Service, to ensure the right skills, capability and talent are in place throughout GSS. This will include succession planning, recruitment, placement, promotion, posting, secondment, and transfer, at all levels,
• Administering all matters relating to staff discipline and grievance redress This will include championing and modeling behaviours that build on the Service’s values (professionalism and integrity), with honest and constructive communication and feedback;
• Supervising the preparation of quarterly, annual and other reports of the Directorate, including monthly HR reports for management’s attention; and
• Providing inputs for annual budget and forecasting, for the strategic plan of GSS.
People Development (Continuous improvement and Learning and Development)
• Developing and implementing Training and Development (T&D) policies and strategies that meet the GSS’s needs now and in the medium-to-long term.
• Building an enabling learning environment, where knowledge and skills are shared consistently with staff at all levels. This will include knowledge transfer within the Organisation in Forging new partnerships with other Civil Service providers, institutions and development partners, to provide/support learning and development activities for GSS personnel. The focus will be on areas with known skills gaps, weak capabilities and opportunities to harness new innovations; and
• Undertaking regular reviews of Service skills and capability needs to ensure that learning and development plans support personnel to continuously improve.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited Tertiary institution in Administration (Human Resource), Social Sciences or relevant field.
• A minimum of 10 years post-first degree qualification work five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable institution.
• Membership of human resource professional body will be an added advantage.
• Evidence of institutional human resource transformation is
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Governing Board of GSS.
Competencies and Skills
• Bargaining and negotiation skills
• Conflict management skills
• High level computer proficiency
• Strategic planning, quantitative and analytical skills
• Good leadership skills and Team player
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to change
• Report wnting skills
• Knowledge of Financial Administration Act (FAA), 2003, Act
• Internal Audit Agency Act (IAAA), 2003, Act 658: Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2003. Act 663 and the Labour Act (LA), 2003. Act 651
Terms of Appointment
The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years. renewable upon satisfactory performance. Applicants must be eligible and capable of serving a full term of four years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to submit six copies of the following set of documents. • Application letter which gives evidence of examples of experience based on the enumerated selection criteria: • Detailed curriculum vitae with contact telephone numbers. e-mail address and three referees, including contact details. • Two-page vision statement for the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS); • Brief statement of job responsibilities in current/latest post, and • Any other relevant information The Secretary Ghana Statistical Service Governing Board, Ghana Statistical Service P.O. Box GP 1098 Accra Email to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31 December, 2019
Qualified women are encouraged to apply