Ghana Manganese Company Limited is seeking to recruit a Plant Production Superintendent
Job Title: Plant Production Superintendent
• Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
• Supervises Plant Operations teams.
Purpose The Superintendent provides leadership to the Plant Operations teams, as well as:
• Ensures the safe and efficient operation of the crushing plants to meet or exceed safety, production, cost and targets.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, company policies and standards.
• Ensures targets set are communicated and monitored for performance. Re-aligns team as required to achieve targets.
• Identifies and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties Safety and Environmental Compliance:
• Responsible for the monitoring and improvement of safety performance for employees and contractors working in the crushing plants.
• Responsible for ensuring the crushing plants remain in compliance with the MINCOM Regulations, Company Policies and Standards.
• Responds to emergency situations and unusual operating conditions to ensure the safety of personnel and limit potential negative impacts on production, environment and costs.
• Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in all areas within the crushing plants.
• Promotes and monitors the utilization of the change management process to ensure the safe design and implementation of changes.
• Participates in the hiring process for both staff and contractors within the department to ensure that new hires have the skills, qualifications and competencies required of them to become a contributing member of the Plant team.
• Sets objectives and development plans for reports, coaches and periodically reviews performance.
• Ensure that employees are kept informed of safety, production, and cost performance statistics, to encourage growth and participation in potential improvements to each KPI.
• Participates in the Progressive Discipline Process and grievance procedures as required. Ensures compliance with the CBA.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Qualification Required & Experience
• A recognized University Diploma/Degree in Mineral Processing
• MINCOM Processing Superintendent Competency Certification.
• 12+ years of experience in mineral processing, of which a minimum of 8 years must be in a production environment. Crushing plants experience is an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a superintendent role.
• Demonstrated high focus on safety and environmental protection.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Continuous improvement mindset, able to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
• Strong technical background and good working knowledge of jaw crushers procedures and methods.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt and strive in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to execute plans and hold self and others accountable for their performance and deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and make sound business decisions.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above requirements, then do not hesitate to forward your CV together with a cover letter to:
Applicants should kindly indicate the title of the role applied for in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 11 June, 2021