Ghana Insurers Association Job Vacancy : Chief Executive Officer – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: Governing Board of the Ghana Insurers Association (GIA)
Job Location: Head Office. Accra
Responsible for the overall direction of the Association by planning, implementing, managing and controlling all activities to drive efficiency and operational excellence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Convene meetings of the General Assembly and ensuring compliance with rules and procedures and financial regulations of the Ghana Insurers Association (GIA).
- Execute decisions, resolutions, and recommendations of the General Assembly.
- Prepare and present the budget of the Ghana Insurers Association and membership for Board approval and ensure its effective implementation.
- Develop programmes and projects that will enhance the image, reputation and promote the collective interest of members of the insurance industry in consultation with the Board.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures for the preparation of corporate and strategic plans, and ensure that organisational structures, plans and programmes are regularly reviewed to meet changing circumstances.
- Ensure the effective functioning of the non-life and life insurance councils and all technical and adhoc committees that will be set up to enhance professionalism, service delivery and efficiency of member companies.
- Develop and implement systems and methods for effective supervision, co-ordination and control of major activities of the Association in consultation with the Board.
- Liaise with the Board to identify investment opportunities that will yield maximum returns on invested funds and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Prudently manage financial and physical resources and recommend yearly budget for Board approval within budgetary guidelines and regulations.
- Effectively manage the human resources of the Association according to authorised personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Submit quarterly, half-annual and annual reports on the activities and operations of the Association to the Board.
- Manage the cash and assets of the Association with approved procedures and advise the Board on the efficient utilisation and investment of the Association’s funds.
- Carry out research into the Industry’s operations with the view of ensuring increased and improvement of the Association’s service delivery.
- Ensures that all statutory obligations of the Association are met.
- Supervise the work of all employees at the Association’s Secretariat by ensuring harmonious and cordial relation exists between workers and management.
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- ACII is an added advantage
- 15 years of working experience in managerial position
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be creative and have the ability to exercise sound judgment
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Should be results-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Interested persons should send a covering letter and a current resume to:
The GIA President
Ghana Insurers Association
P. O. Box GPO 13930
E-mail: [email protected]
- Closing date: January 19,2018.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
error: Content is protected !!