Ghana Country Director | ReliefWeb
About the role
Crown Agents, the British not-for-profit international development company, is looking for a dynamic leader who can take our longstanding involvement in transformational change programmes in Ghana to the next level. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, values-driven development professional, who can bring strong track record of successful management and delivery across both the public and private sectors.
You will be responsible for providing overall strategic leadership to the Crown Agents Ghana operation and for management of a small but high performing Accra based team.
We are looking for a candidate who can bring technical credibility and expertise to the range of capabilities that Crown Agents offers into the Ghana market (especially in procurement) combined with a business development mindset. Proven ability to engage effectively at the highest levels in government and with the broader international development community in Ghana will be essential.
This role is be part of the organisation’s Global Leadership Group and you will be expected to work in close partnership with colleagues in our London head office as well as other parts of our international network. It offers an excellent salary, benefits package and bonus based on growing Crown Agents Ghana business.
- Postgraduate degree in management, international development, or a related field preferred
- Essential: An undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Typically, we require a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a senior manager role. Previous experience as a Country Director or equivalent role is desirable.
- Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor- funded projects.
- A strong track record of securing business growth and establishing new and effect partnerships with clients
- Considerable experience in working with host country governments, NGOs and private sector to move the programme forward and leverage resources
- Technical capability and a strong professional understanding of procurement services and/or value for money auditing services preferred
- Strong interpersonal and soft skills such as delegation, communication, trustworthiness, empathy, leadership, listening and coaching; being able to demonstrate emotional intelligence in leadership and management
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level stakeholders, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government directly and govt agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, FCDO/DFID and other donor organisations.
Crown Agents is a not-for-profit international development company that works in partnership with our clients to design and implement practical solutions to their needs. We work with ministries, governments, institutions, donors, foundations, philanthropists, and the private sector to tackle the complex challenges they face, whether that is seeking to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), improving the quality of life and opportunities for their citizens, or responding to the needs of a global pandemic.
Our values are courage and authenticity: courage to work in the most challenging contexts and be a disrupter in the face of corruption and complexity; authenticity to ensure that the solutions we help develop are grounded in a solid understanding of our client’s needs and will last the test of time. Whether they are ensuring that local humanitarian organisations across Myanmar are set up to respond to the additional challenges of the Covid-19 outbreak or negotiating the best possible price for cancer drugs for the Government of Ukraine, our people around the globe are committed to achieving a lasting impact in the work that they do.
Often, we work behind the scenes, patiently addressing the ‘nuts and bolts’ core matters, supporting governments and other clients to resolve practically challenging and politically difficult issues that hold back faster and greater progress. What defines Crown Agents’ approach is the way we combine technical expertise and decades of delivery experience with deeply rooted insight that comes from our global footprint and the strong relationships with governments and other stakeholders in the places where we work. We believe there is something unique that comes from our longstanding approach of combining private sector agility with a public service ethos.
We have three broad areas of expertise: supply chain delivery; government system strengthening; and project and fund management. In practice, the services we provide to our clients often draw from across these three, depending on the specific challenges to be addressed: responding to Covid-19; accelerating progress on the most off-track SDGs; or shifting to low carbon development strategies.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.