Project Title: COVID-19 Accountability Bridges: Providing Platforms for Engaging Government on Transparent and Accountable COVID-19 Expenditure
Position: Project coordinator
Employment type: Full – time
Experience: Entry – level
Duration of the Project: 18 months
Brief Description of the Project
Ghana has 44,777 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 283 deaths as at 30th August, 2020. The effect of COVID-19 in Ghana necessitates appropriate and targeted responses from governments in order to ameliorate the effects of the pandemic on citizens and create the environment for the economy to recover. The government of Ghana has put in a place a number of measures to reduce the incidence of the COVID-19, ameliorate the effects of the virus and revamp the economy. These measures range from social intervention programs such as free and discounted utility expenses for citizens, tax exemptions for businesses and favourable loans for small and medium scale businesses. These measures have required a lot of capital.
The IMF has provided a $1 billion Rapid Credit Facility (RCF) to Ghana for responding to the corona virus pandemic. Ghana has also received $100 million for health-related logistics from the World Bank. The donor community, international organizations and even private sector donors are offering significant additional resources in cash and materials.
This project has been designed to create sustained awareness, accountability processes and effective monitoring of Government of Ghana (GoG) in administering and utilizing COVID-19 funds judiciously, both external and internal funds.
The successful applicant shall coordinate projects in a timely, effective and efficient manner; and report directly to the Head of Programmes.
Summary of Roles
• Lead project implementation, and ensure timely completion and reporting on project deliverables
• Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
• Coordinate the activities of members of the project implementation team, including external members
• Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for the project
• Assess project risks and provide solutions, where applicable
• Ensure project deadlines are met
• Provide information and regular support to stakeholders
• Be the point of contact for various working groups and ensure resources and equipment are always available
• Take responsibility for activity reports, donor reports and any other essential project documentation
• Engage fully as a member of GACC staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other GACC events and providing the necessary support to other team members as needed.
Qualification Required & Experience
Position Qualification, Skills and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree is required. Amaster’s degree will be an advantage
• At least a minimum of three (3) years experience in a related field (essential)
• Experience in a non-governmental organization or related institution(desirable)
• Experience in governance or anti-corruption projects (desirable)
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team(essential)
• Flexible and able to multi-task on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects (essential)
• Ability to produce quality work with tight deadlines (essential)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) (essential)
• Excellent writing and presentation skills (essential)
• Persuasive and interpersonal skills (essential)
• High level of integrity and ethics (essential)
Location: C1173/12 Kotobabi Road, Pig Farm, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their Cover letter and CV in a single document with 3 professional referees to [email protected] addressed to the Executive Secretary.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Females are encouraged to apply.