General Secretary at GIMPA – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The Ghana National Association of Teachers invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of: General Secretary.
Object of the Position
To provide overall professional and strategic leadership, technical, policy and administrative direction and guidance for the achievement of the mandate of the Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates and advises the Council on the formulation of policies on matters pertaining to the Association.
- Day-to-day administration of the Association.
- Provides technical and managerial leadership for the programmes and activities of the Association.
- Co-ordinates the activities of sub-committees of the Council.
- Represents the Association on national/international bodies/agencies connected with organised labour matters.
- Exercises oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of resources (human, material and finance) of the Association.
- Leads the development, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of Association’s policies, strategic plans and programmes.
- Ensures the availability of appropriate internal structures, controls, management and decision-making systems and processes of the Association.
- Mobilises funding from development partners and other stakeholders for the Association.
- Prepares and submits quarterly, annual and other periodic reports on the Association’s activities to the Council.
- Builds and manages an effective and dedicated cross-cultural work team.
- Collaborates and builds relationships with Government, Public and Private sector partners and other stakeholders in carrying out the Associations’ mandate.
- Serves as Chief Negotiator with the Government, the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service.
- Compensation is negotiable within the Single Spine Salary structure framework.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a professional teacher and a member of the Ghana National Association of Teachers in good standing.
- A Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must be at least a Deputy Director in GES OR at least a Senior Assistant Secretary (Regional Secretary) in GNAT
- Must not be below 50 years of age.
- Must be able to occupy the position for four (4) complete years before compulsory retirement.
- Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Negotiation, lobbying and conflict resolution skills
- Contract, Change and project management skills.
- Policy analysis, formulation and review skills.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Capacity to inspire and motivate people around him/her
- Good knowledge of financial, procurement, budgeting, labour and auditing regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Applications with curriculum vitae/resumes, covering letters, vision statements, letters of recommendation from two (2) referees, copies of transcripts and certificates should be forwarded to the address below, not later than 31st May, 2019.
The Managing Consultant
GIMPA Consultancy & Innovation Directorate
P.O. Box AH 50, Achimota, Accra