General Field Engineer – Directional Drilling at Halliburton – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under broad direction, this is the lead position on any job, responsible for job execution and overall performance.
- Advises client on Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) selection and all aspects of Directional Drilling (DD) performance.
- Ensures that BHA’s are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Be proficient in the use of Directional Drilling computer software and be able to provide advice and analysis to the client representative at the work site. This shall include all survey calculations, well-to-well clearance calculations, ellipse of uncertainty calculations, well path projections, BHA analysis, torque and drag modeling and vibration analysis.
- Ensures well profile plots are kept up to date and provides client representative with directional survey data.
- Fully conversant with client’s requirements with regards to well clearance, proximity and surveying procedures.
- Ensures a daily Directional Drilling report is completed and copied to client’s offshore and onshore drilling teams, and to the Directional Drilling Coordinator (DDC).
- Ensures a full and proper BHA performance report is completed for each BHA run.
- This report should contain detailed and accurate BHA dimensions as well as expected versus actual BHA performance and conclusions and recommendations.
- These reports will form the basis of the End of Well Report to be submitted to the DDC at the end of the job.
- Ensures all service tickets and relevant paperwork (well data spreadsheet, lesson learned/best practice, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) forms) is fully completed and signed by the client representative if required prior to leaving work site.
- Ensures that the Directional Drilling aspects of the well being drilled comply with client’s approved drilling program.
- If a deviation from the well plan is required, the authorization for such deviation shall be sought from client representative.
- The DD Specialist (DDS) shall also advise the DDC of such deviations and the reasons therefore.
- Ensure that all company equipment for use in the directional portion of the work is inspected when delivered to the work site to check that the correct number, configuration, connections, crossovers, parts, spares and documentation are present and correct to satisfy the work scope.
- Interfaces with the Measurement While Drilling (MWD) engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Responsible for maintaining records of all Directional Drilling equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
- Ensures that all equipment is laid out after use according to company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
- Where required be responsible for submitting an accurate daily cost for the Directional Drilling Services.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and peer reviews as required by the Company.
- Assists in the evaluation of individual performance levels of onsite directional drilling personnel.
- Assists in training and development of junior offshore directional drilling personnel.
- Fosters teamwork among all personnel involved in the performance of the service.
- Requires a minimum of three years experience as a Field Prof-DD, Sr, to include a minimum of four years directional drilling experience with average experience ranging from 7 – 10 years.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must have met the mimimum competency requirements for a Field Prof-DD, Sr. Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills.
- Must possess relevant offshore certificates as required. T
- his is a field position.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Innovative work-environment in a global company
- Competitive salaries and pension schemes
- Career opportunities both domestically and globally
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Focus on technology and further development