Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist – West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WA BiLED)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WA BiLED) activity. The Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist will be responsible for leading the implementation and monitoring the integration of gender, youth and vulnerable populations into WA BiLED activities. This long-term position is based in Accra, Ghana.
* Develop, implement, and provide technical and managerial oversight over WA BiLED’s GYSI strategy;
* Collaborate with members of the WA BiLED project team to integrate GYSI considerations into technical work planning, activities, reports, workshops, and leadership;
* Design and implement gender and youth analyses, toolkits, guides and other resources
* Contribute written input to program planning and reports;
* Coordinate with cross-cutting services – Communications, Institutional Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to develop and implement GYSI-responsive interventions across project activities;
* Build capacity among staff, partners and other stakeholders around GYSI.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant technical area;
* At least eight (8) years of experience related to gender equity and empowerment, youth engagement, and vulnerable populations inclusion, preferably in West African contexts;
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, project staff and/or donor agencies to advocate for GYSI;
* USAID experience preferred;
* Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
* West African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/WABiLEDGYSI
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.