The business analyst will be responsible for enhancing the quality of IT products, services, solutions, improve processes trough data analysis, and finding technological solutions to business needs, among other duties. BA will straddle the line between IT and the business and help bridge the gap and improve efficiencies
Job Title: Information Technology Business Analyst
- Elicits, analyses, specifies and validates the business needs of stakeholders
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Assists in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and communicating this back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Participates in the QA of solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Line Manager – SM, IT Demand & Delivery
- Direct Reports – N/A
- Matrix Reports – None
- Key Customers – SM, IT Quality Assurance, Performance & Partner Management, Consumer Units, IT Division,
- Key Supplier – PSCOM, IS MANCOM, CEX Steerco, MSO, Third-Party
- Relations etc. – Third-Party, Consultants, Customers, Vendors and Suppliers
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, business information systems, computing and systems development, and business management
- At least three years related work experience
- Project management experience
- Business Analyst Certification (CBAP, PMI-PBA, CPRE)
Must be willing to obtain certification if not already certified
At least 3 years work experience covering similar functions in multinational telecommunication or other similar organizations, 2 years of which must have been in GSM telecommunication.
- Oral and Written Communication skills
- Knowledge of Business Structures
- Interpersonal and Consultative skills
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Facilitation skills
- Requirement Gathering
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Detail Oriented
- Process Modelling
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of Network, Databases etc.
Skills / physical competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Project management skills with knowledge of presentation
- Problem-solving and analytics skills
- Team and time management skills
- Team Player