Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local reality and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, GBfoods is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East through prestigious brands as Gallina Blanca, Star, Jumbo, Grand’Italia and Gino.
Job Title: Packaging Project Leader
Role & Responsibilities:
We are in search of a Packaging Project Leader who will plan, design, develop, test, and implement functional and cost-effective packaging for all food categories within the product development process. The role holder will as well contribute to the graphics design management and effective homologation of packaging suppliers through to industrial supply.
The Main Responsibilities will be:
- Management of Article workflows
- Revision and approval of Gbox technical drawings
- Management of packaging homologation trials
- Project Development: tasks involved in the management of the project from technical packaging point of view (packaging definition, packaging tests definition, new drawings and palletization definition, industrial trials, GBOX checking, implementation)
- Utilization of ITENE’s outsourced packaging services for support in 5-6 innovations per year to gain institutional knowledge and packaging expertise for GBfoods
- Packaging the design and execution for promotional actions VALIDATION
- Provision of Technical information & BOM upload for promotional actions costing assessment
- Filling and assembling instructions for promotional actions and gadgets
- Conducting packaging transportation tests for new innovation and review suitability of existing packaging
- Troubleshooting of packaging issues (finished product)
- In alignment with Quality, provide packaging support to copackers
- Conducting of point of selling audit and warehouse checking
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional Pacakaging experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- University Degree, e.g. Chemical Engineering,Food Science, Packaging Sciences etc. or Professional certification relevant to the role.
- Minimum of 5 years in the same role within the Food/Drinks or Cosmetics/Pharma manufacturing environment.
- Experience in team building and integration of Food Safety/Quality team into successful manufacturing operations in a LEAN environment.
- Analytical and research skills to interpret data and statistics
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Has international exposure and can corporate with other countries in day to day work schedules
- Ability to manage multiple priorities:
- Effective interaction with other departments/suppliers & Teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and a second language is a plus.
- Have a proven track record of successful food product development
- Proven track record of leadership, team management and influencing skills