GBfoods Africa Recruitment 2019 – Jobs in Ghana
Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local reality and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.
Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, GBfoods is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East through prestigious brands as Gallina Blanca, Star, Jumbo, Grand’Italia and Gino.
Job Title: Regional Planning and Consolidation Business Partner
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Regional Planning and Consolidation Business Partner who will be in charge of coordinating and executing GBfoods Africa Business Planning, Financial Consolidation and Reporting in line with group policies and procedures. The responsibilities cover every aspect of the Balance sheet, Profit and loss, Cash flow and Reporting to all stakeholders including Africa management team and Board.
1. Planning activities
- Implementation of Budget and recurrent Forecast: Definition, communication, and control of global calendar; building templates, management of deadline and contingencies during the process.
- Data Quality check: Ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data, information, assumptions from various stakeholders during the Budget and Forecast process (Countries, Sub Business Unit and Business Unit).
- Proactive and efficient communication: Ensure regular and efficient communication within the Africa region related to budget and forecast for proper management of relevant facts and information, unexpected deviation. Establish and Maintain proper communication and collaboration with Group Corporate and Africa region in order to meet the deadline and update on Africa Region challenges.
2. Consolidation and Reporting activities
- Manage in an efficient and effective manner in collaboration with IT, Accounting team and Group Corporate all preliminary works related to Closing: System alignment, Stakeholders involved, expectation and deliverables.
- Proper management of deadline across all sites in Africa Region through regular communication with all Financial Controller during closing. Contribute to creating a confident working atmosphere within the Finance department to improve performance from all stakeholders.
- Coordinate efficiently monthly closing from all companies and GBfoods Africa consolidation process (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, and Cashflow).
- Ensure Africa closing is performing following Managerial and statutory Group accounting manual, All deviations and non-compliances duly investigated and solved on a timely basis. Provide strong technical support when needed and solve proactively all potential issues encountered.
- Control and analyze Africa Topline, Marginality, expenses, costs structures and other variables that influence the margins and profitability. Demonstrate a high-level understanding of Business and their financial implication, evaluate the causes of deviations Vs Budget/Forecast.
- Produce and present to Management team on a monthly basis Africa Business Report, highlighting performance drivers, areas of concerns and potential risks, and proposing an alternative to the fuel decision-making process.
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to the growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings. The role requires travel to areas of operation across Africa where you meet and work with like-minded professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or similar
- Experience: 4-5 years in a similar position in the FMCG industry
- Experience in Consolidation and financial reporting
- Languages: English essential, French beneficial
- Ability to keep accurate deadlines and very analytical person