At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,2 billion euros and a team of around 3,000 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Job Title: Junior General Ledger and Tax Accountant
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Junior General Ledger and Tax Accountant for our Shared Business Services who will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts and ensure data accuracy is consistent with the company’s policies and strategy.
- General accounting manual postings
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Statutory financial audits and coordination
- Legal books archive
- Monthly closings
- Annual reporting packages
- Transfer price management
- Insurance management
- Direct and indirect taxes
- Management of Custom duties and Tax Audits
- Renting, grants, others
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company that prides itself with leading brands recognized in their respective countries by consumers and the entire industry.
What do we expect from you?
We expect someone who shares in our values, motivated and willing to grow.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles.
- 2 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience.
- Must have intermediate-advanced level Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting and ability to reconcile accounts.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and Accounting software
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work with minimal supervision
- Confidence to state an independent point of view and superior influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.