Foso College of Education, a Public Teacher Educational Institution, located in the Central Region and affiliated to the University of Cape Coast, invites qualified applicants to fill the following vacancy
Job Title: College Internal Auditor
• In general, the Internal Auditor will provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the college’s operations.
• He/She will help the college accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control and governance processes.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties of the Internal Auditor include:
• Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the college
• Evaluating the procedures of the college to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals
• Monitoring compliance with established policies, plans and procedures
• Appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities
• Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses
• Ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making
• Drawing the Principal’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances if duplicated functions, with other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary
• Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimizing weaknesses
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a good first degree or comparable qualification plus a relevant professional qualification or a Master’s degree in the relevant area. He/She must be a member of a recognised accountancy professional association as well as a member of the institute of Internal Auditors.
• He/She must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor at a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least 4 years
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the criteria for any of the positions indicated above should please submit (6) copies of application package consisting of: (i) Application Letter (ii) Curriculum Vitae (iii) Certificates & accompanying transcripts) and (iv) two referee’s reports to:
The Search Committee,
Foso College of Education
Or email to:
Closing Date: 20 August, 2020